A friend sent along the following TED Talk in response to the Time article “Why China Does Capitalism Better than the US.” The speaker, Martin Jacques, makes some very essential points in how the West must alter its analytical conception of China if it seeks to accurately and effectively play a role in the 21st century. Enjoy…
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Blogging Hiatus
- How to do a “demo” in Taiwan
- Working to death in Taiwan
- Ageist Paranoia in Asia: China Edition
- 台湾女孩的腿太他妈的性感: Taiwanese university bans daisy dukes
- CCP won’t free Tibet, self-immolations must stop
- Air pollution in Taiwan comes from China?
- China bound for reform or repeating history?
- Rocked real hard at 2012 Megaport Festival
- Breastfeeding Rebels at China’s ‘Two Meetings’
Thanks for reading!
Want to give a quick shout-out to anyone who used to scroll through my former blog! It never quite made the leap over China's Great Firewall, but it is still out there: Milesfromhome.
advertising in Taiwan Air pollution in Taipei Air pollution in Taiwan Apple Daily buxibans CCP China Chinese democracy culture bullshit democracy Doomsday Thinking DPP education Education in China Education in Taiwan freedom of speech in China freedom of speech in Taiwan Gay Rights in Taiwan Human Rights Jasmine Revolution KMT KTV Libya Ma Ying-jeou Politics in Taiwan Poor reporting protest Reform in China Riding scooter in Taiwan Scooter Life scooter rides Scooters Sex in Taiwan Sexuality in Taiwan Shanghai Taipei Times Taiwan Taiwan's Presidential Election Taiwan Election 2012 Taiwanese girls teaching English Teaching English in Taiwan Teaching in Taiwan The New York Times understanding China